Arise and go down to the Potter's House, and there I will cause you to hear my words.

Welcome to my blog!!! May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and keep you under the shadow of His wings; May you be enlightening by His Spirit of wisdom and revelation through the knowledge of His word; Today, may you know that the creator of the universe will move heaven and earth on your behalf, because He loves you with an everlasting love!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Purpose of the Pulpit and the Order of Worship

The Book of Nehemiah chapter 8 & 9 reveals the purpose of the pulpit and the order of worship. Ezra stood upon a pulpit of wood which they had made for this purpose. 1. Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people, and when he opened it, all the people stood up. 2. Ezra blessed the Lord, the Great God. All the people answered, Amen, Amen, lifting up their hands, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground. 3. They read from the book of the Law of God and caused the people to understand the reading. 4. Israel separated themselves from strangers and stood and confessed their sins, and the iniquity of their fathers. 5. They stood up and read from the book of the law of the Lord their God one forth of the day, and another forth of the day they confessed and worshipped the Lord their God….. God communes with His people through worship. It is not a three ring circus for the self indulgence of your flesh, pastors; nor is it for the entertainment of your eyes, church. Acts 3:19...repent, be converted and the times of refreshing will come from the presence of the Lord. If the world could be saved by worldly means then Christ death is in vain. Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins! Today, many pastors and leaders that stand behind a pulpit trust within themselves and their own righteousness. It is written in the Word of God that there is none righteous, no not one. Jesus said, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son.“ He did not say, For God so loved the world that He became like the world….Jesus said, “the Son of man came into the world not to condemn it, but to save it“…The Son of man came into the world to save us, not for us to continue be like the world, but He made the way for us to come out and be separate. Today, the American church does not look like the Blood Bought Church of the Bible. A people called out to be a light in a darkened world. A people who declare His truth to all generations in a world that embraces lies. A people who overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of their testimony. A people unashamed of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ…..for they know that Christ is the power and wisdom of God. The Bible speaks for itself and it stands set apart from all other books that have or ever will be written…Forever O LORD Thy Word is settled in heaven, let it be established within our hearts. From the pulpit to the pews, from the cooperate office to the lonely streets…Hear the Word of the LORD and LIVE!!! Psalm 51 A Prayer of Repentance Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions, And my sin is always before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight— That You may be found just when You speak, And blameless when You judge. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me. Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me hear joy and gladness, That the bones You have broken may rejoice. Hide Your face from my sins, And blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You. Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, The God of my salvation, And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness. O Lord, open my lips, And my mouth shall show forth Your praise. For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise. Do good in Your good pleasure to Zion; Build the walls of Jerusalem. Then You shall be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, With burnt offering and whole burnt offering; Then they shall offer bulls on Your altar. John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will you also go away? Then Simon Peter answered Him, "LORD, to whom shall we go? thou has the Words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God!" John 6:67-69

No comments:

Post a Comment