Arise and go down to the Potter's House, and there I will cause you to hear my words.

Welcome to my blog!!! May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and keep you under the shadow of His wings; May you be enlightening by His Spirit of wisdom and revelation through the knowledge of His word; Today, may you know that the creator of the universe will move heaven and earth on your behalf, because He loves you with an everlasting love!

Friday, June 8, 2012

The Light of Jesus Christ Shines Brightest in the Dark

O' how I wish I would of known Jesus at a young age. I did not. Yet, I am so thankful I did not grow up within the formalism of main stream Christianity of today. There has never been anything easy and nice about my life, nor has there ever been anything easy and nice about the calling and ministry the Lord has given me. I will say this, I am who I am by the grace of God, and I live in a fallen world filled with broken people. Life is messes, and I wouldn't want to live any other way. Jesus seeks the lost, He heals the broken, His name is a refuge, a strong tower. We, as not just "believers" of Christ, but "followers" of Christ need to shine the light of Jesus to a darkened world, and not be afraid of sin. The gospel of Mark paints a beautiful picture of this in Chapter One. Jesus was preaching in the synagogues, and casting out devils, now that I find interesting. Anyway, A leper came to Him, begging Him as he kneeled down saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean” and immediately Jesus is moved with compassion, He stretches out His hand and touches him, this man with the flesh eating disease Jesus touches him and then Jesus says to him, “ I am willing’ be healed” …Jesus touched him first, and then He healed him….…saints of God, ought we not to be about our Father’s business? Seeking the lost, healing the sick, and casting out devils? Do not be afraid of the sin of others or their sickness. O’ how I long for the boldness of the Holy Spirit to rise within us, to let His love and compassion move us to a place were we are not afraid of others who might look different, speak in a language not so pleasing to the modern day Christian ears…..O’ How I desire to see Jesus high and lifted up for all the world to know His everlasting love, and receive His everlasting gospel. Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment